East Bridgewater Public Library Policies
If an item is not available, you may place a hold on the item from another library. You can be notified by phone, email or text – depending on your preference at the time of Library card registration — when the items are available and may pick them up at the main circulation desk. You have 7 days to pick up your holds once notified. Expired holds will return to the owning library or to the next patron on the items hold list.
A library card is required to check out materials.
- To obtain a library card, apply in person at the library and present a photo ID and proof of address.
- Children may get a library card when they can write their first names.
- Your library PIN is usually the last four digits of your phone number.
- Please inform the library as soon as possible if you have lost your library card or there is a change to your contact information.
- Click here to register for a temporary library card to be able to place holds and access eBooks and eAudiobooks immediately.
- For additional account question, please click here to visit SAILS account help.
- New Books 14 Days
- Books 28 Days
- Audiobooks 28 Days
- CDs 14 Days
- Magazines 14 Days
- DVDs 7 Days
- Outdoor games 7 Days
- Museum Passes 1 Day
Renewals may be requested online, in person, or by telephone. If the item is on hold for another patron, or has reached the maximum number of renewals, a renewal cannot be granted.
Late fees for Museum Passes and adult DVDs are $1.00 per day, up to a $10 total. All other items are 10¢ per day, up to a $2.00 total.
Lost or Damaged Items
Patrons are required to pay full replacement cost for the item. East Bridgewater Public Library does not assess a processing fee; other libraries within the SAILS network may.