If an item is not available, you may place a hold on the item from another library. You can be notified by phone, email or text – depending on your preference at the time of Library card registration — when the items are available and may pick them up at the main circulation desk. You have 7 days to pick up your holds once notified. Expired holds will return to the owning library or to the next patron on the items hold list.
A library card is required to check out materials.
- You must be a Massachusetts resident to obtain a library card.
- To obtain a library card, apply in person at the library and present a photo ID and proof of address.
- Children may get a library card when they can write their first names.
- Your library PIN/Password is usually the last four digits of your phone number.
- Click here to reset your PIN/Password.
- Please inform the library as soon as possible if you have lost your library card or there is a change to your contact information.
- Click here to register for a temporary library card to be able to place holds and access eBooks and eAudiobooks immediately.
- For additional account questions, please click here to visit SAILS account help.
- New Books 14 Days
- Books 28 Days
- Audiobooks 28 Days
- CDs 14 Days
- Magazines 14 Days
- DVDs 7 Days
- DVD sets 14 Days
- Outdoor games up to 7 Days
- Museum Passes 1 Day
Items checked out on your account will be automatically renewed 3 days before their due date if they are eligible for renewal. Renewals may also be requested online, in person, or by telephone. If the item is on hold for another patron, or has reached the maximum number of renewals, a renewal cannot be granted.
Late fees for Museum Passes and Outdoor games are $1 per day, up to a $10 total.
Lost or Damaged Items
Patrons are required to pay full replacement cost for the item. East Bridgewater Public Library does not assess a processing fee; other libraries within the SAILS network may.
To view additional library policies, please see the attachments below: